Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
The Idaho Air National Guard was established in 1946. Since its inception the IDANG has been involved in every major conflict our country has been involved in. This wouldn’t have been possible without the sacrifices of the thousands of Airmen who have served in the Guard.
The first IDANG unit was the 190th Fighter Squadron, established from the Army Air Corps 405th Fighter Squadron on May 24, 1946. The 124th Fighter Wing was established October 13, 1946 and consisted of a 23 officers and 44 enlisted who met in downtown Boise because there wasn’t any other place to meet.
Since these early days, the wing has grown to nearly 1,300 Airmen and a sprawling base on the south side of the Boise Airport.