Chief Master Sergeant Kelly L. Bongiovi currently serves as the senior enlisted member of the 124th Fighter Wing, Idaho Air National Guard, Boise, Idaho. She is the primary advisor to the commander on matters affecting the morale, health, welfare and professional development of more than 1,100 enlisted members. She is the vital link between the commander, enlisted personnel and support agencies.
Chief Bongiovi entered military service in April 1991 and was assigned to the 124th Logistics Readiness Squadron as a Supply Systems Analyst. In 1994 she was hired full-time into Base Supply supporting the F-4G Wild Weasel Aircraft. Chief Bongiovi was selected to deploy in 1995 in support of Operation PROVIDE COMFORT and participated in the final farewell of the F-4G aircraft at Incirlik AB, Turkey. During the 124th Fighter Wing conversion to the A-10 Thunderbolt II and the C-130 Hercules transport, Chief Bongiovi became the Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge of the Mobility Readiness Spares Packages. During that time, she supported many overseas contingencies to include Operation’s NORTHERN WATCH; SOUTHERN WATCH; ALLIED FORCE; and ENDURING FREEDOM. Chief Bongiovi deployed on state active duty to the Salmon Fire in Northern Idaho in 2000, and was involved in supporting Hurricane Katrina humanitarian relief in 2005. She was assigned to the Joint Staff (J4/Logistics), State Headquarters, Idaho National Guard during the Grizzly Bear Complex and Washington Tower Fires in 2015. The Chief also served as a member of both the Air Mobility and Air Combat Command Inspector General Team
Prior to her current position, the Chief was the Logistics Readiness Squadron Superintendent, 124th Fighter Wing, Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho.
1991 Supply Management Technical School, Lowery Air Force Base, Colo.
1994 Non Commissioned Officer Preparatory School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
|2000 Non Commissioned Officer Academy, McGee Tyson AFB, Tenn.
2005 USAF Senior Non Commissioned Officers Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Associate in Applied Science, Logistics Management, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Ft. McNair, D.C.
2016 Middle East Asia Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C.
2016 AFS021 Executive Leadership Course, University of Tennessee
1. May 1991–July 1991, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. July 1991–September 1991, Inventory Management Technical School, Lowery AFB, Colo.
3. September 1991–November 1992, Computer Operator, 124th Resource Management Squadron, Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho
4. November 1992–January 1999, War Readiness Technician, 124th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho
5. January 1999–March 2007, Non-commissioned Officer in Charge War Readiness, 124th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho
6. March 2007–April 2011, Flight Superintendent, 124th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho
7. April 2011–June 2014, Quality Assurance Manager, 124th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho
8. June 2014- August 2018, Squadron Superintendent, 124th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho
9. August 2018 – Present, Wing Command Chief, 124th Fighter Wing, Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters, “V” device
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Idaho Governor’s Outstanding Unit Citation
Idaho Adjutant General’s Outstanding Unit Citation
Idaho Emergency Duty Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic April 19, 1991
Airman Nov. 22, 1991
Airman First Class June 1, 1992
Senior Airman Jan. 1, 1993
Staff Sergeant May 19, 1995
Technical Sergeant Nov. 6, 1999
Master Sergeant April 6, 2002
Senior Master Sergeant July 12, 2008
Chief Master Sergeant July 12, 2014
(Current as of October 2018)