COLONEL CHAD W. KORNBERG
Col Chad W. Kornberg is the Commander of the 124th Maintenance Group, Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho. As Commander, he ensures the continued readiness of 460 plus airmen along with the sustainment of 21 A-10C a/c, supporting both the State and Federal missions.
Col Kornberg is a native of Seattle Washington. He graduated from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in 1993, where he earned his Baccalaureate degree in Aeronautical Science with an Associates degree in Aviation Safety. He joined the Idaho Air National Guard in 1996 earned his commission through AMS and completed Undergraduate Pilot Training in 1998 at Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas. Col Kornberg was a traditional pilot with the 190th Fighter Squadron and served as the 124th Operations Support Flight Commander prior to becoming the Maintenance Squadron Commander in 2013. Col Kornberg spent a year in the Conversions Division of the Air National Guard Readiness center prior to becoming the Deputy Maintenance Group Commander in 2015. He has deployed in support of Operation Southern Watch, Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
1993 Bachelors Degree of Science, Aeronautical Science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL.
1998 Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin Air Force Base (AFB), Texas
1999 Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, Columbus Air Force Base, MS
1999 A-10 RTU, 358 FS Davis Monthan Air Force Base, AZ.
2006 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL, by correspondence.
2012 Air Command and Staff Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2015 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by corresponded
- July 1997 – August 1998, Student, 47th Flying Training Wing, Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas
- September 1998 – October 2007, Fighter Pilot 190FS, Idaho Air National Guard (IDANG)
- November 2007 – August 2013, Commander, 124th Operations Support Flight, IDANG
- September 2013 – August 2014, Commander, 124th Maintenance Squadron, IDANG
- September 2014 – September 2015, Conversions Action Officer, Air National Guard Readiness Center, Joint Base Andrews, MD
- October 2015 – September 2018, Deputy Commander 124th Maintenance Group, IDANG
7. October 2018 – Present, Commander, 124th Maintenance Group, IDANG
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: more than 2300
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-38, A-10A, A-10A+, A-10C
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with 2 oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with 1 oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Idaho Governor’s Outstanding Unit Citation
Idaho Service Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 26, 1997
First Lieutenant June 26, 1999
Captain November 04, 2001
Major January 07, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel August 08, 2012
Colonel October 18, 2018
(Current as of March 2019)